Call for Testing: Dianara 1.4.0 Beta
It's that time of the... trimester? again!
I have a few details to polish, but some wider testing would be helpful. If you can build from source, now's a good time to do so and test it. If you already run an often-updated version from git, feedback would be good.
The main changes since v1.3.7 include:
- Movable side panel and movable toolbar, after unlocking (left side of screenshot).
- Attachment icons will match the mimetype of the attachment, using your system's iconset (upper-right).
- Optional "activity icons" in the minor feeds (lower-right).
- Notifications will also make the window "demand attention", which usually results in some sort of taskbar/dock entry flashing in some way, in most desktops. Enabled by default, but can be disabled.
- Better zoom control in the image viewer.
(Full/current CHANGELOG file)
As announced, v1.3.7 was the last version to support Qt 4.x. Qt 5 is required for 1.4.0. The bad news is that, at this time, users of distributions such as Debian 9 can't build with the version of QOAuth present in their repositories, based on Qt 4. Current Debian Testing/Sid is fine though.
Also, if you maintain any translations, now is a good time to update them =)