Call for Testing: Dianara 1.4.0 Beta
It's that time of the... trimester? again!
Last week I tagged the development version of Dianara, my Pump.io client as beta, preparing for the release of v1.4.0.
I have a few details to polish, but some wider testing would be helpful. If you can build from source, now's a good time to do so and test it. If you already run an often-updated version from git, feedback would be good.
The main changes since v1.3.7 include:
- Movable side panel and movable toolbar, after unlocking (left side of screenshot).
- Attachment icons will match the mimetype of the attachment, using your system's iconset (upper-right).
- Optional "activity icons" in the minor feeds (lower-right).
- Notifications will also make the window "demand attention", which usually results in some sort of taskbar/dock entry flashing in some way, in most desktops. Enabled by default, but can be disabled.
- Better zoom control in the image viewer.
(Full/current CHANGELOG file)
As announced, v1.3.7 was the last version to support Qt 4.x. Qt 5 is required for 1.4.0. The bad news is that, at this time, users of distributions such as Debian 9 can't build with the version of QOAuth present in their repositories, based on Qt 4. Current Debian Testing/Sid is fine though.
Test away, and let me know if you find any issues that are not listed in the BUGS file, or in the issue tracker.
Also, if you maintain any translations, now is a good time to update them =)
Keane Ingram, martinho, pedrosocial, João Patrício and 4 others likes this.
Scorpio, pedrosocial, EVAnaRkISTO, Panko and 1 others shared this.
A probar Dianara 1.4.0 beta!